July 30, 2009

It had to be done

I didn't want to do it. I swore I would never do it. I swore that a pair of scissors would never desecrate my daughter's gorgeous locks of curly hair. But I had to do it. When wet, the curls straightened almost to her tailbone. But when dry, they tangled so easily. Especially after sleeping. The top layer of hair just needed a little tiny trim. So, we had time alone together and a good opportunity and I did it today.



Here is the before picture:




Just kidding, this is a couple weeks old, but I thought it was cute. You know, the typical "before" picture when people look almost intentionally bad. I don't have any pictures that really showed the length in the back, but here is one I took yesterday:






It only shows the front view, but you get the picture. Cutting my only daughter's hair for the first time is a big deal for me, a tragedy as well as a reason for celebration.

Aaaaaaannnnd Affftteeeeeerr!
Ok, so maybe you don't see a huge difference. Bad photography. But I do, and hopefully now her hair can be healthier and easier to take care of.




Like the model pose? She moves too fast to capture...literally a blur.
The back view, if I had a before back view you could really tell a difference, it is much shorter. So here's hoping we can go through one less gallon of conditioner and detangler a month!

1 comments:

Nora said...

I am a huge advocate of cutting little girls' hair. It may be sad at first, but is so worth it when it starts growing faster and healthier. I had a friend at church whose girls' (ages 3 1/2 and 2) hair was as long as the twins now. She asked how I get my girls' hair to grow so long---I told her to cut it. About age 2-3 is best. It looks so cute on Isabelle---Abbey used to have curly locks.