July 9, 2009

Dear Husband


I was thinking about my sweet husband this morning after he left. He looked very handsome and toned in the outfit he chose to wear. His pants are like an inside secret between the two of us, history that we have. It makes me smile to see him wear them.
I hope he enjoyed the dinner I made especially for him last night. It is a bit of a challenge to cook healthy and delicious meals at the same time, but I try.
I listened to him breathe last night as we lay in bed. I usually fall asleep quickly, but for some reason it took me a little while and I got to hear the sweet sounds of his breath deepening as he finally got to relax for the day. I was grateful to hear it because I worry if he is getting enough rest, as hard as he works and as late as he stays up studying sometimes.
I love him so much it is hard to be a burden on him sometimes when I do not feel well. I just want to be nothing but sweetness and light, an angel who is always radiant and patient, beautiful even in the pain of childbirth, smiling as I push out his cherubs into the world. Unfortunately, I am but a lowly human and that means sickness with the health, poor times with the rich, bad times along with the good. But somehow, when you are with that perfect person, even the worst of times are still good times. So I'll take the dirt, sweat, blood, pain, and tears, as long as he comes with it.

0 comments: