July 23, 2009

One of My Jobs

was on the news. A few months ago, but I have just learned about it, and I am excited about it. And grateful. I just watched this news clip about Premier. It showed our jewelry ON TV!! Ok, I need to focus here. I meant to write a serious post, thankfulness for this job, not gushing over how I have that very necklace they showed on TV(even though I do!) A new catalogue coming out, and now THIS!!! Ahem...

Four score and Three years ago, our forefathers......too serious? Let me try again...

Three years ago I signed up with this company and have not regretted it one minute. I made my investment back quickly and have made so much more than money. I have made friends of my hostesses, made them and their friends feel pretty and laugh for the night, given them thousands of dollars in free jewelry to make them feel pretty for a very long time(and their husbands' wallets feel happy.) I have made lasting friendships with my fellow jewelers and Premier mom, Jenn, who calls me to talk about nothing at all or to see how I am doing. These women, in the real world, would be my competition. But in the Premier world, they are my friends and encouragers. They cheer for me and care about me as a person and as a jeweler. And I care about them long after they move away or no longer sell the "jewels," as we affectionately call them.

My darling husband encouraged me to sign up and had faith that I could do this. I thought that I would be a terrible salesperson, as I am not "pushy" or "sales-y" by nature, but instead of the typical husband response of "whatever you want, dear" he told me, " I think you should do it!" What a man. I know. I think he knew I would not have had the confidence to try if he had not had the confidence for me. He has watched the kids for almost every show I have done, and encouraged me to go to trainings, attended them when men were "allowed" and has always been just the right amount of supportive.

The biggest gift I have received from my business has not been the Christmas gifts it has paid for or the free jewelry certificates they thrill me with from time to time. I have changed. I cannot even describe the miracle that has happened, but I will try. I have worked for three years, and I have discovered a confidence in myself as a person and a woman that I did not have before. That is the reason I was able to look inside myself and think about what I really wanted to do with my life...and have the confidence to think that I could do it. I will fall, but it is the picking myself back up that gives me strength. It has made me a better wife and mother, and a better person.

I have neglected to talk about my jewelry here for fear of seeming pushy, but this is my blog, and my thoughts are here, so today, you read about jewelry. Want some for free? Now you know someone...

0 comments: