July 28, 2009

Confessions and Pictures

I am afraid that in the positive spirit I am attempting to keep on my blog, I fear I may mislead some people into thinking I am perfect. Suuuuper Moommmm!!! And always super positive every minute of every day. So here is my confession to you...some things that are not perfect about me, in true Gracias form...not all to be taken literally. And some cute pictures, finally extracted from my naughty camera.

1. I have had overdue library books. Twice.
2. I do not have a perfectly clean house every day. Or almost any day. Sue me. 3. I care more about overdue library books than a clean house.

4. If you notice my daughter's "milk" moustache in these pictures to be especially prominent, it is because it is not milk. Three guesses as to what it is(it's nothing gross.)
5. I sometimes get in a bad mood when things do not go my way. Or when I don't feel good. Or like a whole week out of each month when I try to pretend I'm not in a bad mood.
6. My kids walk around in their underwear a lot. Hey, it's summer, and Daughter has learned to remove her own clothing so I'm lucky to even have undies on her at all most of the time! Peace and love, not clothing, baby!

7. My picture-taking frequency has gone way down because of #6, so I have noticed a big drop in the quantity of pictures, but I will try to improve the quality of them...the confession part is that I really have no patience to learn how to properly use my camera. When I push the button, it should take a perfect picture every time, right? Why does it not come out right?8. I don't like losing or not being good at something. I will avoid an activity I know I will not win or I am not good at. Or if forced to play, I will intentionally not try just so I won't have to feel bad about losing. I know, I am a poor sport.

9. I am not an animal lover. I like the abstract concept of them, but I don't like cleaning up after them(but seriously, does anyone?) This was a huge blow to my animal-loving husband.



10. I think I am OCD. I think that is why I can't get my house clean, because I go waaaaaay overboard on each tiny detail and forget about the bigger picture until I have run out of time and energy. I even had to think extra hard to stretch out the last few confessions to have a nice even number ten for you...like you care if there are 9 or 10.


So if I have nothing nice(and positive) to say(blog,) I blog nothing at all. Of course, that is not the only reason you may see a gap in posts. Sometimes I am busy, others I simply have no thoughts worth sharing, but sometimes I just don't have the positivity in me that day. And that is okay. All will be right with the world after a nice long nap.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must take after your mother.....If I cant clean clear to the corners, I'll wait until it is filthy and clean clear to the corners....AND if it wont stay clean, what's the use, It will only make me grumpy when that first spill hits the newly mopped floor! Now you know why my house was dirty most of the time (and still is) Love you, MOM