August 6, 2009

First Day of School


My sweet boy started Kindergarten this week. School for real this year.

There were many mom-tears on the school grounds as moms kissed their kids goodbye for a few long hours until school was over. Mine, surprisingly, did not flow. I managed a cool "See ya, Dude. Have a good day. Be good, I'll be back when school is over! Love ya!" No tears. Amazing for this mom who tears up at the smallest thing when her kids are involved. But maybe that is what he needed. Cool mom, reassuring him that it's no big deal to go to school and I will see him soon.


Daddy took the whole day off to be there to drop him off and pick him up from school. That is a pretty big deal in our family.
But, of course, we forgot to take our camera to the school, so these few cool shots L took before leaving are all we have of the first day of school. Oh, well, he looks soooo cool on his birthday skateboard. I suppose I can cheat and bring the camera to the school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Bradley said...

You are a cool mom Jen!! So crazy that he's going to Kindergarten! Love you!

Annette said...

Tell Julian we are so pround of him!! He is getting so grown up!