August 11, 2009

5 years in pictures

Oh, how my life is different than 5 short years ago. This sweet boy came into my life and changed it forever at 6:13pm.


And just for your entertainment, here is a short picture essay of his life thus far:




This year is a big milestone for him and I wanted to make it special. I baked two kinds of muffins to bring to his Kindergarten class. Homemade from scratch, of course, is there any other way? Blueberry, and then Banana chocolate chip(my invention) were a big hit with the class.


Then our fantastic daddy took off of work a couple hours early to surprise Son! We took a special surprise birthday trip, since his party isn't until the weekend and we wanted to do something special for him on the right day. Our first Toros game since they have been back. It is, of course, a school night, so we only stayed for about half the game, but it is the experience that counts for them(I hope.)

Bubblegum and cheesecake-flavored ice cream(separately, not mixed) were the favorite treats of the night. It was a great opportunity to teach Son about good sportsmanship and how everybody strikes out, etc. I just prayed we wouldn't see any big-league temper tantrums(we didn't, thank goodness!)


And Daughter has a new love: Tuffy the Toro mascot. The whole time that was all she would talk about was Tuffy, if she saw him it was "I see him! There he is!" and if she didn't: "Where Tuffy go? Where is he?" And when we left she said over and over, "I had fun with Tuffy."
"Das' Tuffy!" check the pointing finger
PS:Son wanted nothing to do with Daughter's new boyfriend, Tuffy.

5 comments:

Bradley said...

Julian is getting so big! See you this weekend!

Yadirapocketfullofhopes said...

Sweet Julian :0 We love you and you are growing into a fine gentleman :) Happy Birthday Julian!!

Annette said...

What a great birthday! I was just thinking I would go to a Toros game! Now we'll have to do that! I think that was such a cool thing for such a big birthday boy!

angiedunn said...

WOW! Time seriously flies.

He's a beauty...you better watch out woman...that guy'll be good w/ the ladies. (:

Happy Happy Birthday Julian dear.

All our love!

Jeremy and Cindy said...

They sure grow up fast. Happy belated birthday Julian! Looks like fun.