June 2, 2009

Already? She's Two? But She's So Little...


I don't consider myself much of a procrastinator, but when there is a huge event and tons of pictures from it to be sorted through, I must confess I did procrastinate this one.
Daughter's birthday party.
I am a big fan of psychoanalyzing myself. I think maybe I was putting this one off because I don't want to acknowledge how old she is getting. Even if she's not getting too much bigger. Or maybe I'm just in denial about being a procrastinator.

She looooves the grape lip gloss. Oh yeah. She had to apply a grape sized amount to her lips and cheek area(or until the pot was empty, whichever came first.)Son helped blow out the candles. Mother Nature did too. She actually helped them be very difficult to light as well.
I made this cake for her with my own two hands. I am not a particularly talented cake decorator, and I don't have the right(or quality) utensils for the job, so it was much more difficult and time consuming than it should have been. But it is important to me that I do these homemade special things for my kids. They can look back and see the slightly imperfect cake that Mommy made, but it was made with love. And I think that was probably the only thing holding this cake together. Love. I don't have much energy these days, making this cake felt like maybe running a marathon, but it was the one special thing I wanted to do for her that I hope she will remember forever. Let's get real, though. She's two. So we took lots of pictures.

1 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Happy Birthday! She is so cute. She is going to grow-up to be a beautiful as you have always been. But not too fast hopefully.