November 10, 2008

Warning: Not for the faint of heart!

Imagine my delight to wake up to this sight this morning:Aah, a nice warm house! I have to publicly thank my husband for getting up before the sun to make sure we had a beautiful warm house this morning before he left at a quarter 'til dawn. I just want to take a moment to talk to him, so now is where everyone else should stop reading if you don't want TMI.

The word love is so overused, we have to be careful it's not tossed around in the jumble of words that so casually fall out of our mouths each day. We say we love someone, then one minute later we say we love a song or a tv show! But I want to be sure to define it a little more clearly tonight. I love my husband. I could leave it at that, but I need to be a little less timid maybe, to shout it from the rooftop, so to speak. You are the air that I breathe. You are the human I understand the best and the only person who understands me much at all! I tend to talk a lot to say a little(as if you didn't know) and still you listen until I get to the point, long enough to realize I have one. You show such strength outwardly, but I alone get to see all of your gentleness and tenderness. I know that I am the heart beating in your chest as you are the heart beating within mine. You are unafraid to demonstrate your love to me, but I tend to be timid to express it in as many words. I get embarrassed, I make jokes, I get tongue-tied(I know, hard to believe) and maybe I am a little afraid that for all the words in my vast vocabulary, I cannot find adequate words to express the depth of how I feel. You are the most of everything. You are such a generous and incredible lover. I am very timid to talk about it, I know, but please know that it is not because I am unfulfilled, but because I do not want to make anyone else feel bad because I have it so great. You are it for me. You define who I am and what I have become. Everything I do is to measure up to who you know I can be. I know you have had me on a pedestal for many years. I can only hope that I am half the person to everyone else that I am as seen through your eyes. Yet somehow, when I fall off that pedestal, as I often do, you are also the one to help me up and dust me off. I am grateful that I can feel your love so strongly back. I sometimes wonder if maybe it is even too deep for my comprehension. I know that mere words trivialize it, but I recognize the need to express the words I can find. I know I wrote a song for you many years ago, and I have to confess something. It was my first attempt, and musically, I felt it was lacking to express my feelings. I know that you have always cherished it and I love you all the more for it, but I used to think I could write a better one for you. I realized tonight that there isn't a song in the world that would be good enough. I guess I should leave it at that for tonight.

1 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

cant wait till Christmas it will be so nice to see everyone! the fire place looks so nice!