November 20, 2008

Reminiscing

So, I just finished reading Twilight. Finally. For the second time(in two days.) And I think I'll reread the good parts before I give it back(tomorrow, I promise!) And I have had an epiphany about why I could not get enough of this book. It reminds me so much of my husband(not the vampire parts, of course!) and our early relationship in high school. He was so mysterious, so intense at times. I have told him for years that is how I can tell when something is wrong...his eyes turn black. We were so wildly attracted to each other it was hard to contain within ourselves. This book brought back a lot of memories for me, I hope all of you can say the same about your significant others. I admire him and love him in so many different ways now, but I had forgotten "the early years" of teenage intensity(and hormones?) I am so glad that I can still have chills and reminisce about my high school sweetheart without making my husband jealous. By the way, he was the Handsome Stranger mentioned a few posts ago...it recently occured to me that not everyone would get that. He just stops in for a short while before heading out on the nights he has classes, so it is fun to pretend. Just thought I'd clear that up...back to the good parts of the book.

0 comments: