March 1, 2010

Two Months: excuses, excuses

It has been two months since I have been here.  And a new year is well underway with nary a word.  Shame on me.  I haven't been taking pictures, so that is one good excuse.  I have been too busy living my life to blog about it, or think for that matter.  But here is the smelliest excuse of all: ready?  I have been feeling a little exposed lately.  Between my blog and Facebook, far too many people have been exposed to what goes on in my life.  Heaven forbid I have a bad day, or a moment of weakness, and hit the "Share" button before my better judgement stops me.  And just like that, my bad mood is out there for the world to see.  And if I misspelled something, even worse. 
My blog has always been my happy place, a world where I do not put my daily annoyances on display, at least until I am able to laugh about them.  So when I don't blog for two months, it kinda looks like I have had no happy moments to speak of in that time.  That is terrible of me, because that is not the case. 
All my life I have had a case of boredom.  Things are exciting for me, and I feel motivated, only when they are new and challenging.  Once things start to become routine, I get bored and move on to a new challenge(read: I have not yet mastered the motherly and wifely duties, as they are constantly changing and always challenging!) Not a strength of mine and not something I am proud of, as I never seem to stick with things(except the wife and mother-thing!) So I think I will change my attitude about my blog right about now.
This will no longer be my happy place alone.  This is my not-just-a-mommy blog, where in between cleaning up messes and kissing booboos, I actually have thoughts that are worth preserving and sharing.  I promised someone to try not to try so hard to be so easy.  Got that?? No?  What I mean is, I have opinions, and I may share them from time to time, and you might not agree with them.  I definitely do not agree with many of the opinions I hear, but I have never attacked anyone for disagreeing with me.  I ask for the same courtesy from you, many many loyal readers.  You probably will disagree with me at some point, and I welcome your well thought-out and factually based opinions, but be nice, please.  I am striving to show more of me here, and unfortunately, lately I am not always the perfectly dressed and coiffed version of myself.  More often these days, I am the yoga pants-wearing, big sunglasses to hide my lack of makeup, mom dropping off one child at school before bribing the other with lollipops to sit in the stroller long enough for me to get in a walk before showering for the day.  Yep, that's me.  Wave if you see me, but no honking please.  I already know I'm looking hot. And yes, I just tripped over my own foot.

0 comments: