March 9, 2010

Bicycle

This bicycle used to be my son's:
My husband and I bought it for his second birthday. Unfortunately, he outgrew it before he had a chance to really ride it much, and has now been upgraded to a larger and cooler Spiderman model. So this poor bike sat in the storage, lonely and gathering dust. So now my daughter, who is now ready for her first bike, will inherit it. However, I could not let her ride a boy bike. No, no, no, not this princess! And I couldn’t justify running out and buying another one when it is not her birthday or Christmas, so I(my husband, mostly) took it apart and painted it, then put it back together with a cute little princess accessory kit and Voila!!
A Princess bike! She loves it! Daddy pictured here putting the final touches on assembly:
I still have to attach some princess decals, but she was anxious to start riding, so this is the temporary finished product.
Enjoy this cute video, I can't believe she is pedaling already!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jennifer! Great job transforming the bike!

It's so great that she's doing so well. Several of our friend's kiddos can ride really well,


Silas has that same bike. He got it for his birthday. He LOVED it, in theory, but has hardly ridden it. The day he got it he spent 45 minutes with his toy tools "fixing" it, and hasn't showed a lot of interest in since... I think it has to do with the fact that we live in an upstairs apartment and I don't take him down to ride often enough, and (but when I do, I end up dragging it all around our apartment complex property!)Plenty of time though!

Jeremy and Cindy said...

How fun! You guys do a great job!