October 2, 2009

My Little Hobby

My daughter has a new obsession...ponies.  Many thanks to a dear friend who handed down many lovely ponies and a pony castle to entertain for years to come.

And the ponies have hair.  Lots of hair.  Nylon hair.



It tangles even easier than this beautiful girl's hair.  Hard to believe, but true.


Her hair is a blessing and a curse.
So my new hobby: combing hair.  Pony hair needs fixing every time she wants to play, my job is getting them combed up and ready.  Combing my darling daughter's hair day in and day out.  Combing my son's hair every single day before school.  Then we arrive at school and I think that combing hair has gone out of style.  My son seems to be in an overwhelming minority of children, both male and female, who have their hair combed before school.  When did the bedhead look jump from the runway to the playground?  I must have missed that, but regardless of how pointless or out of style it may be, still I comb.  And will continue to comb for many years.

0 comments: