October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I decided last year that I was never going to reveal my age again.  A lady never does, you know.  Son would ask me  how old I was and I would tell him it was a secret, all he ever needs to know is that his mommy is young and beautiful.  True story, but obnoxious, right? (right)

So last year I turned none-of-your-business, and this year I thought I was going to turn a-lady-never-reveals-her-age.  But apparently with age comes wisdom, and who cares, really?  So this year I turned 30.  Maybe next year I will turn a-lady-never-reveals....

My dear sister showed up with a present for me first thing in the morning(self portraits to follow of me in my lovely pink ensemble,)  Then a visit from a dear friend with yet another one.  Numerous texts and calls and messages later, I am feeling pretty popular this year.  30 may not be so bad, or were they all just feeling pity for the old lady?

My darling husband took the day off to pamper me, and in doing so sent an email to his director telling her that I was celebrating my 29th birthday.  Heehee, I guess the lies were taking effect on him finally.  And now I ruined it by coming out with the truth.  Darnit, will I never be able to lie effectively?


And he made from-scratch pancakes for me.  All by himself for the first time(with a little stirring from a lovely assistant.)   I just helped tell him the recipe(I guess I should write it down for future generations to know of my splendiferous pancakes.[Oh, wait, I think I kinda posted it on my recipe blog already{note to self.}]

Then we went for a romantic dinner to a lovely place we hadn't been in many years.  It was almost quiet.  We did make a small mistake in choosing a secluded table in the corner.  There was a very talkative person at the next table, so talkative that I think the whole restaurant listened to him prattle on.  The whole time.  I whispered at one point to L, "Has he even stopped to take a bite?"  Apparently he had, but somehow the one-sided chatter hadn't been interrupted long enough for me to notice.  It was sorta funny, and the food was delicious, so we didn't mind too much.  We just stared into each other's eyes in between checking out the numerous tattoos on the waiter.  It was really quite romantic.  Then a romantic trip to a not-so-romantic store that I will not name.  Luckily, I wore my "comfortable" heels.  Meaning I can shop blister-free, but not pain-free.  Beauty is pain.  My mantra for this year.  Then to pick up the kids from my lovely sister/sitter-for-the-night.  Then back home for comfy clothes and TV shows.  All in all, one of the best birthdays I've had.  So I might as well celebrate it.  With a giant ice cream cake.
The End.

0 comments: