October 16, 2009

His Father's Son





Yes, that is my son doing multiple pullups on his father's pullup bar.  He is quite the strong boy, but he is our only son so we didn't think he was out of the ordinary.  Then we watched this TV show about this little Hercules boy(I don't remember exactly what they called him) and we laughed the whole time.  We said, "That kid is nothing out of the ordinary!  This is ridiculous, making such a big deal because this kid is strong."  Well, either there was no reason to make a TV show over that kid, or Son is just as amazing, because here is my bad(he was in the dimly lit hall and his dad was spotting) photographic evidence that Son does the same thing.  He also does two handed swings with a 20-pound kettlebell, 10 at a time.  He lifted his friend up(who is the same age) and put him on his shoulders, helping him climb.  When his sister was born, he was almost 3.  He used to pick her up and carry her around the waist.  People were shocked that I let him pick up his sister, but I figured that it was better to let him and make sure he was being safe than have him do it while I was not around.  I thought nothing of him being that strong even then.  When he laughs hard or yells, you can see his six-pack.  He has biceps and pectorals at 5 years old, and has had them all along.  And we don't have him in gymnastics or karate to try to push him to get strong.  He just is.  Like I said, he is his father's son.  And he has brains.  Look out world!

2 comments:

Daddy said...

That's my boy!

Viki said...

Riley was the same way. We got a kick out of having him "flex" his muscles. And he had quite the 6-pack, too. Still does at 24.