May 13, 2009

today...

Is my anniversary. The official wedding one. We have lots of anniversaries, but when you have been together as long as we have, eventually you stop celebrating all but the biggie. I remember when L and I, accompanied by a tiny baby-food eating Son, went out to eat for the ten-year anniversary of our first date. We went to our favorite restaurant(may it rest in peace) and were seated at a little private table. The waiter so graciously closed the curtains to enclose us in privacy. That was a very special anniversary dinner for me.

I have to tell you something special about my husband. He never forgets a special day. Never. When I get up to go to the bathroom at 12:30am on my birthday, he remembers to say "Happy Birthday!" even though it barely is. So this morning, we woke up to cuddle around 4:30 before he got up to go to work, and the first thing he said to me was "Happy Anniversary." I barely remembered my own name at 4:30am, but he remembered right away that it was a special day. He got up and got all dressed up for our date tonight, since he is picking me up on his way home from work and wouldn't have time to change. (Thanks, sis, by the way, for watching the kiddos.) These are just a couple of tiny reasons why I love him. So much. Like a ton. (sigh of bliss.)

1 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

I hope it turned out great!