May 11, 2009

obligatory Mother's Day post


Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

Ok, got that out of the way...

The best gift I got for Mother's day was a couple hours when both kids napped and I had some time to spend with my husband during the day, just the two of us. We usually don't see each other in the daylight hours, and when we do, it seems we are always rushing here or there, having things to do. But for this one day, we spent it just together. No honey-do, no chores, just time together. Bliss. To top it off, he got me some sweet and thoughtful gifts.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention my kids' gifts. Son worked really hard at preschool to make a bouquet of flowers that will never die, and a recycled vase to hold them in(see picture above.) Daughter gave me a gift no money could buy: a whole day accident free! Clean, dry panties all day are more than a laundry-hating mom could ask for.

Here is my Mother's Day vow: I promise to be one deep breath more patient each day. I promise to remember that my kids are four and(almost) 2 and allow them to be the ages they are. I promise to teach with just enough words to fit their attention span, and just enough information to last them until they get older. I promise to forgive quickly, hug quickly and anger(more) slowly. I can't promise not to make mistakes, but I will promise to ask forgiveness from my children when I do. I promise to laugh, love and be the best mom I can be.
Because I can't be anyone else. And wouldn't want to be.

1 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

sounds like your mothers day was good! i hope we get to see you guys soon! miss you!