November 30, 2009

Another Proud Moment

Pride is supposed to be a deadly sin, right?  So maybe that is the big sin I am guilty of.  So why don't I feel guilty?  I am so proud of my family.  They impress me daily with things they learn and accomplish. 
Today I'll share how proud I am of my husband.  He works so hard to provide for our family.  He is the reason I am able to be a stay at home mom with my children, which is something that is very important to me, as you may have guessed, seeing as how you have memorized my every blogging word, I'm sure.  And if that wasn't a good enough reason to be proud of him, he has been studying for 5 years straight.  On top of being gone 11 1/2 hours a day, he has stayed up at night nearly every night with numerous dry and heavy texts.  And taken many expensive and excruciating exams.  But now with all of his effort he has accomplished one of his long-term goals: he now can claim the title of Certified Building Official.  This means he now has extra initials of C.B.O. behind his signature and qualifies for many exciting positions for Building Officials all over the country.  He is a hot commodity, let me tell you.  And his skills are much sought after outside of our home, as well. {wink}
And all this from a man who gets up at 5am to chop wood and start a fire so his family can wake up to a warm house. 
How could it possibly be a sin to be proud of all of that?   Well, I do not apologize for it.  I am proud to be married to such a man.  I am proud of all his accomplishments and I am proud of him as a person.  I am proud to walk beside him on this long journey we call life.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks honey, you and the kids make it all worth it!

Love, Osito