April 8, 2009

Bubba and Sister

It is a beautiful thing to see the adoration grow between brother and sister. When Sister wakes up from her nap, Brother runs to be the first to greet her. He has figured out a way to get her out of her crib safely. The first time he did it I was a bit freaked out, then I stood in the doorway the next few times to see how he did it. Now I think I can trust him to be careful with her. I can't really describe it, but he manages to lower her all the way down without dropping her. And Sister just thinks he is the bee's knees(although I really am not sure where that expression came from.) When Son blows bubbles in his milk, Daughter has to blow bubbles also. When Son runs around like a wild man, Daughter runs right behind him as fast as her size 4 baby feet will carry her.
The shirt Daughter is wearing in the picture belongs to her brother. I have not had this shirt on a hanger in at least a month. It comes out of the dryer, and as Daughter is usually helping fold clothes, she snatches it and tries to rip off the shirt currently on her back as she says "shirt off." Then I ask her if she wants to wear her Brother's shirt, and I hear "no Bubba's shirt...mine!" So I put it on her. Then it hits the dirty clothes hamper at the end of the day. And repeat.
Son equally adores his sister. Whenever he sees a girly toy on tv, in the store, etc. he always wants to get it for his sister. He knows how to work the DVR. Several times a day I hear, "Do you want to watch Wow Wow, Sister?" (her fav. show which he looks for the w's to identify. Blows. My. Mind.)
When Daughter goes potty, she gets a princess sticker to put on her chart on the wall. She is so proud of herself! She yells "Gook, Bubba, sticka!" She wants to make sure he knows about her big accomplishment. I thought I'd share one thing I have come up with to(hopefully) nurture a positive relationship between them. Son often accidentally hurts her...knocks her over, runs over her, throws a ball too hard, slams her finger in the door. You get the picture. When he hurts her, I have him pick her up and hug her and make sure she is ok. I have noticed that sometimes "I'm Sorry" is so easy to throw out without showing true concern for the other person. So I have him follow through and hug her and comfort her until she feels better. Daughter has started to do the same thing on her own. If she does something that makes you say "ow" she will immediately hug you and say "Tarry, Tarry" until you say that it is ok. I hope that showing love and true concern for each other will continue to be a habit in all their relationships.

4 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

they are so cute together!! your so lucky.. you got one boy and one girl! its perfect!!

Yadirapocketfullofhopes said...

The babies are so cute :0 I think that is so beautiful to see so much love between the two at that young age :) That make my heart happy :)
I can not wait to see them :) :)

angiedunn said...

potty training...wow! you're amazing! she's amazing. super impressed.

Jeremy and Cindy said...

Too precious. It sounds like they will grow up being really close to each other.