February 18, 2009

Happy Hearts

My sweetheart and I went to a V-day banquet last weekend. We ate yummy catered Mexican food, something our dieting palates have not had for a very long time. There was a fun "Not-so-Newlywed" game, an Elvis impersonator(young skinny Elvis, he did a hilarious impression.) And I graced the lucky room with a few performances as well. I always forget until after the fact that maybe I should have invited my sweet mama to come see me the last few times I have solo'd, since she is responsible for my educational beginnings.
Sorry, Mom.
I just thought I would share some of the thoughts that ran through my head at the time.

Grateful that...
-my full tummy did not get in the way of my pitch.
-I did not cry, as has happened a few times when I put too much emo. in it.
Likewise, my voice didn't break.
-they had a mic so I did not have to yell it
-standing O=blushing but happy J

Happy that...
-I could just see the giant proud smile on my date's face as I imagined his
shaking knees (he does this when he is nervous or happy.) He was
nervous for me, since I don't really get nervous, old pro that I am and all.
- I closed my eyes and just let it go. All for him, I did not let him hear me
practice so it would be a surprise which songs I did and how I did them.
- he was there to see me, he has missed the last few times I'd solo'd.
It was a special night for me, and I loved sharing it with the one I love the most.
I hope you had a happy and romantic Valentine's day with your sweethearts, too.

P.S. The three songs I sang are included in my playlist to the right...care to guess which ones?

1 comments:

Jeremy and Cindy said...

It sounds like you had a great time. You have always been a great singer. I would have loved to have heard it. Happy belated Valentines Day